There is no dearth of windows process management software and Yet Another (remote) Process Monitor is one such software. However, it’s powerful and has a wide array of features. It’s a very comprehensive process management software for Windows.
Yet Another (remote) Process Monitor (YAPM) is a powerful application that allows to view and manage your running tasks, processes, threads, modules, windows, handles, network connections and your services on a local or on a remote machine. YAPM offers lots of features to manipulate them, such as privilege management, memory management, a complete history of statistics, a dependency viewer… etc.
- Local and remote monitoring
- Module and thread management
- Handle management (keys, files…)
- View of TCP/UDP connections opened by the processes
- Windows management (opacity, position, show, hide…)
- Window’ find’ process feature : allows to find the process associated to a window via a drag & drop over the screen
- Emergency Hotkeys feature : allows to associate a custom shortcut to a custom action (for example : Ctrl+Shift+Suppr to close the window which is on foreground)
- State Based Actions feature : allows to launch a custom action depending of the state of the processes (for example : reduce priority of a process if CPU usage > 50%)
- Privilege management : allows to view and modify the privileges of processes
- Build-in hex editor to view memory of processes
- “Log mode” to monitor all actions made by a specific process
- Hidden Processes feature to detect basic rootkits
- Local and remote shutdown
- Dependency viewer
- … And lots & lots of other features !